OOPS…missed a whistle today. It was on eBay and I put in a bid and was blocked !!!! OUCH.
Oh well, my fault in the end — I didn't ask the seller ahead of time if they actually did post overseas like the auction said they did. Mea Culpa.
It always boils down to confirmation.
So here are some reminders and things to deal with on eBay. Although they are dominant it is still uphell, I mean uphill all the way……
1) always write to see if you are blocked
2) always ask about postage – What with eBay requiring signed for delivery it can triple or quadruple the cost of a little whistle now-15gbp is not uncommon.
3) always ask if there is any damage
4) always ask if the whistle works
5) always ask the size – sometimes the closeup picture is quite deceiving
eBay now limits your questions per day. So if you are interested in several whistles to buy and if the seller says ask about postage as they do often – you can't do biusiness through eBay with any kind of ease. Business is choked out that way.
The answer ?? Go elsewhere…..seriously…..